What we are looking for
- Work with a great degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of our product, from definition to deprecation, in collaboration with all other teams.
- Identify, document, and communicate technical developments, improvements, and standards within your area of responsibility in the team.
- Take end-to-end ownership driving initiatives of all sizes, directly contributing to Komon’s code base.
- Onboard, coach, and support peer engineers.
- Participate in technical interview processes with candidates and applicants.
We always welcome new ideas and tools that can integrate well with our current systems and can help us better serve our users. This is our current stack:
- React, NextJS, Typescript, Redux, Node.js, HTML, Vainilla JS and CSS for the front end of our webapp and components.
- Ruby on Rails for the back end of our webapp.
- AWS/GCP and Docker for our cloud architecture.
- Figma for design.
- Solidity and a variety of tools for blockchain development.
- Github for our repositories.
- Linear.app for project management.
Our ideal candidate has:
Nice to have:
- Over 5 years of relevant experience working on fast-scaling and complex applications.
- Business proficiency in English (C1, C2).
- Product mindset.
- Clean code, S.O.L.I.D. principles, and great passion for software development.
- Experience building and using components, design systems, or micro-frontends.
- Experience with micro-services or service-oriented architectures in general.
- Experience with designing web service APIs on the backend with either REST, GraphQL or others.
- Firm grasp of relational databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience with unit, integration, functional, and e2e testing.
- Interest and familiarity with general blockchain development, DAPPs, and NFTs.
- Robust project management skills and self-sufficiency.
- Great passion and desire to make a better world for creators and their communities.
- Unbreakable ethics.
- Team spirit.
Beyond requirements we are looking for people aligned with our values meaning that:
- Experience with PWAs.
- Engineering coaching experience.
- CS degree.
“K” for “kreativity”:
- You care deeply for creation and are committed to explore your creative-self. You value the nuances of art making, both the instinct and discipline of it. You love building and exploring, and are constantly subject to change.
- Creativity (meaning): “the use of imagination or original ideas to create something”.
“O” for “open-minded”:
- You believe in diversity as a source of infinite richness. You embrace risk as a core part of every decision. You surround yourself with people different to you in all senses, as one more ingredient of your passion for learning and sharing.
- Open-minded (meaning): “willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced”.
- “M” for “mortal”:
- You are human. A team player that cares for each other. A kind, humble, down-to-earth individual finding its way in life, and aiming at leaving a footprint behind too.
- Mortal (meaning): “(of a living human being, often in contrast to a divine being) subject to death”.
- “O” for “obstinate”:
- Because you have a thoughtful, hard-working & speedy, rebel soul. You are a status quo challenger, driven by changing the code of creative industries. You won’t stop fighting until you make it happen. You are stubborn about changing the the way things work for the better.
- Obstinate (meaning): “stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so”.
“N” for “notion”:
- Because you strive to innovate (making thinks simple) from within, building a revolutionary consumer company by having a culture that believes in itself and builds its foundations from its early own ideas/notions, keeping independence of thought.
- Notion (meaning): “a conception of or belief about something”.
If you’re passionate about how technology can help expand creativity and your are willing to build a company from scratch following our values, this is your place.
What is it like to work at Komon
- Today, you are joining as one of the early employees of a new-born company in the vibrant intersection of creativity, technology and Web3/NFTs. We’re looking for the builders of our company foundations. Builders that want to have real impact and want to experience first hand what it means to scale a company from scratch.
- Besides being an early stage company, we believe people deserve to be paid fairly, for which we commit to a competitive compensation package including gross salary, stock options, company benefits, top of range equipment and financial aid for education/training on-demand.
- We are a remote-first company. So you can work from wherever you want! And we can ensure a large amount of independence for doers. We’re here to support you, not to micromanage you. We also have 24x7x365 Access to Google for Startups Campus in Madrid.
- For further detail, here are our annual objectives:
- Growth: ship, monetize, & scale Komon’s products and services fastly.
- Product DNA: solve real problems, innovate, & put the customer first.
- People: build the preferred space where tech, creativity, & humans thrive.
- Brand: create a legit & referenced presence rooted in everything we do.
- Process: ensure we scale smoothly, reliably, & constantly learning.
is a platform for creators of all kinds to launch NFT-accessed spaces
to monetize and engage their communities. The company was launched in early 2022 by Manuel Bevilacqua
, a trained violinist and computer scientist with 10Y experience in tech and product development, and Sebastián Fernández-Medrano
, a trained actor with a background in law and business and 7Y experience in venture capital and startup scaling.
Today’s creative industries advertising-based model is broken
. On the one hand, creators are trapped in a vicious circle where they just create algorithm-friendly content, a job that detaches them from their craft
and that is highly under-monetised
(even the best paid creators worldwide still make less than a 1$ per supporter per year!). Users, on the other hand, have also been trapped through their attention based on having them constantly consuming content
to an unhealthy degree, for the sake of increasing advertising reach.
Komon wants to rewrite the code of monetization and engagement by allowing creators to setup exclusive online spaces that are accessible via purchasing an NFT working as an access key and space member card, where supporters can finally feel special, have power/influence, and interact with a curated community
We just raised a $2M pre-seed round with reputed European and US VCs and angel investors, and we are building a world class team and an amazing product to solve the needs of creative communities.
Our vision is to provide any creative community with the means to take its pursuit beyond
. If you are passionate about how technology can help creators and communities make a better living out of their creativity, we would love to meet you!